Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My day

Why is it when I think to bring the camera and decide not to there is always something to take a picture of? I still haven't gotten a photo of the kids sharing a shopping cart made for one nor how cute they look in a little two seater.

So today I saw a handsome man in the Wal-Mart parking lot which I thought later I should have asked him if he had a girlfriend/wife. Pretty people just make it easier to showcase my photography skills. Then I started thinking of a family I photographed about a year and a half ago. She had called me right before the kids were born to see when a good time to take their photos would be. I said about a month after the kids were born would be great since I was pretty much at my 52 inch waist size when she called. Well, them needing photos did not again cross my mind until today on the way home. Once home I wisked the kids into bed trying not to let them wake themselves up after their 10 minute nap in the car, got out the groceries, put said groceries away, made some lunch, sat down to eat my lunch, just finished my lunch and the phone rang. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Regina calls me who I was thinking about less then an hour ago?!?!?!? I love it.

SOooooo I guess my personal lesson to take from today is listen to the promptings you receive and act on them.

This morning I set up the camera to take a photo every 8 minutes for 40 shots. I'm hoping to combine some of the shots into one showing us doing various things around the room. There may be toooo many people in the shot to make it work though. During the last hour my visiting teachers who come by every month to visit with me, share a spiritual thought and make sure all is well were here with two of their kids and two additional kids. I have 4 days prior to that and a photography session to finish before I can work on today's pictures. If I make myself go in order sometimes they get done faster because some are more inticing to work on then others!

The other day I was packing up some too small clothes in the box to the far left. Madison and Blake both wanted to have me in their sight so she ended up in the basket in the closet.
Babies 8 months 1403

Here is where Blake sat
Babies 8 months 1409

My obligitory makes me laugh shot
Babies 8 months 1512

She's talking to Blake
Babies 8 months 1513


The little boy with yellow letters mommy came to pick up their photos along with the little girl she nannies. Here is what quads would look like. Wow, doesn't that look like even more work?
Madison and Blake were ready for a nap.
Babies 8 months 1515

Babies 8 months 1516

If I already shared this sorry. But really I'm not because I LOVE this shot.
Babies 8 months 1391

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography January 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

i always leave my camera at home when i need it, and drag it along when i don't. so i just started taking it everywhere :) i love the last shot...

Whitehouse II January 14, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

Don't leave your camera home when you come out to visit us. I know you wont. We are all looking forward to your visit. I am especially excited to go shooting with Guy and having chats with Shannon. Guy, thought i would throw in a nice comment this time. lol

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden January 15, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

I like the pictures of your kids opening the gifts from the bags. It is so funny that Madison is always taking Blake's things! So, I would love to see pictures of your bathroom. Is it all done? What kind of camera do you have?

Lin January 15, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

I love all the pics of the kids, always! The last one is really adorable though!!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP