Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Attitude is everything!

First off let me start by saying, "Poor Maddy!!!"

So when Madison was in there crying last night it turns out her earring had fallen out. As she was squirming around it kept digging into her skin! She has about 8 scratches on her tummy and face which left a couple of blood marks on her sheet! Both babies will wake up and cry a little a few times a week between them. Blake's cries generally last about 5 minutes and a passy will often do the trick. Madison's cries will usually last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour when nothing is wrong with her.

Last night I didn't go in to check on her until it had been about 45 minutes. Like I mentioned before, it doesn't matter what we do with her she fights sleep and cries it out and it takes longer to sooth her on average by about an hour if we cuddle her. Oh last night I felt so bad for her with her little scratches. So I let her sit out in the living room with me after I put her earring back in with a new back. She was a little happy and a little fussy, but wide awake. Around 1 am I put her back into bed. She cried and cried. I was sitting in the recliner with a blanket right next to the crib where she couldn't see or hear me. Blake woke up too who was up for about 1/2 an hour. About 2 am she finally fell asleep again. I climbed into bed and was in there for all of three minutes when Blake woke back up. Once he was given his passy he went back to sleep.

Guess who woke up right on the normal schedule at 7:00? Madison. Blake on the other hand was apparently worn out from his 1/2 waking in the night. He slept until 9:30!


Onto my Title topic. This morning as Madison woke me up with her normal sounds I decided to just get up and begin my day without trying to 'nap' when the kids nap. It's a good thing too. With Blake sleeping in they were off on naps the whole day. Not only that, but I got four loads of laundry done and put away, pictures processed, two more scrapbook pages, picked up a couple of Freecycle goodies, had a viewing and pick up from a photo session, delivered a CD & did a viewing session of another photo session, stopped by my old day job, opened a Christmas box from my mom, made dinner, and more! Quite a jam packed day.

The lesson I took from this is how my attitude affects everything. It made me think back to situations in my life of attitudes. Basically whatever attitude I or another person had is the same attitude given back to me or another person.

Happy = happy
Snarky = snarky
Impatient = impatient
Excited = excited

In no other does this apply more then a mother with her children. I have always advised my brides and parents of this in anticipation of their big day or photo session, but it never really was personal to me until today. Blake and Madison feed off of every emotion I feel and express. Well, Blake doesn't get a stern 'No' yet and laughs at me, but most of the time they do. :-)

Oh, and Madison looks fine with no visible signs this morning of her scratches.

We took some snaps of the kids with Grandma's gifts to post. I'll work on them tomorrow.

3 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography January 7, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

i hate it when that happens! i really like the way you connected parenting and attitudes and the moods of your children. i got a refresher course in this the other day, so perfect timing!

Kristen January 7, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

What a great thought, Shannon. You're so right and it was a great reminder today. THANKS! :)

Lin January 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

I am glad that Maddy isn't suffering from her ordeal, poor thing! Hey, where are your 365 pics for today?

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP