Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas tree and my new thing

The Christmas tree is officially down! I always like to keep Christmas up until January first but then want it all to magically disappear. It didn't magically disappear, but with Guy's excellent help/foresight/encouragement it was all packed up today. Even though I was so over the whole thing & grumpy by the time the boxes were packed and the vacuum was noisily in my way causing me to move my feet our living room looks much more livable now. And the floor looks a lot cleaner! We either lost a box of stuff in the move or it is hiding somewhere. Considering our lack of basic clutter and stuff it is most likely gone forever. I know we had a tree skirt and more home decorations. The only thing I can figure would be if the tree skirt and a few stockings (the good ones of course) ended up in the boxes of village houses I gave to Tawni. Since she hasn't opened those boxes herself it is possible they are now in storage while Sam is in Iraq. Only time will tell. We also (YET AGAIN) planned on buying some Christmas stuff after Christmas when it is on major clearance only to decide not to at the last minute. This means another two years of no new decorations since I will not buy them before Christmas when they can be had a such rock bottom prices after Christmas.

Enough about the Christmas decorations. Here are some photos of the kids in front of the Christmas tree and opening their gifts from their Aunt Gracie.


Madison pulling out her adorable plush bunny.
Babies 8 months 1174

She knew exactly what to do when the bag was placed in front of her.
Babies 8 months 1175

I love this smile! Her PJ's are sooo cute too. Speaking of PJ's.... What is the deal with everyone and getting PJ's on Christmas eve?!?!? Why am I just hearing about this at the age of 35 when it seems 4 out of 5 people have this tradition in their family?
Babies 8 months 1176

Blake wasn't so sure he wanted what was in his bag or even if he figured out there was something in his bag.
Babies 8 months 1178

He noticed the ornaments behind him.
Babies 8 months 1180

After pushing the bag away he went for the ornaments.
Babies 8 months 1181

Then he went back to the bag.
Babies 8 months 1182

His very own little monkey. She sure had his number since he is always climbing and jumping lately.
Babies 8 months 1183

Yay, two smiles
Babies 8 months 1185

Even bigger smiles
Babies 8 months 1187

This is such a cute look from Blake. Madison saw my bag which she is reaching for.
Babies 8 months 1188

Their expressions are funny here, but it's a great view of the cute stuffed animals.
Babies 8 months 1189

Both of them are talking to us.
Babies 8 months 1192

I think Maddy was talking so much she wore herself out.
Babies 8 months 1193

Now they both see the tree.
Babies 8 months 1194

I love ABC blocks and making names with them.
Babies 8 months 1198

Babies 8 months 1199

I have also recently discovered a cool thing. It is called a 365 project. Most 365 projects are all about self portraits. I found a group to join on Flikr where the group rule is only self portraits are allowed. There are other versions out there, but I like this idea. Why? For many reasons. It is something to push me to learn more as a photographer and be more creative. It will hopefully get me to accept myself for who I am with all my flaws. For many years I have looked at photographs of all the places and events I have been to. You know, there just aren't many photos of me in them. No one wants to use my camera, are too lazy to use my camera, the photo is out of focus, or they just don't care to have any pictures of me in the world. Who knows. So this is a way to have more photos of me for the kids and my family and this blog. It also seemed to me it would be a great idea for Guy to do this with me. He HATES pictures of himself. He finally agreed to join with me. I'm hoping this help us to bond this year as we think of new and creative things we can do. Maybe he will also like his photos by the end of the year.

Here are our fist photos.

This one is mine. I bet you were expecting to see my face. ha ha
365 day 1

Here is Guy's. He forgot to put part of his body in there. I really like it as it represents his work life very well.
365 day 1 10

7 comments:

Lisa and company January 2, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

Love the self-portrait idea and love the ideas you guys came up with!

Lin January 2, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

Cute pics!! Only you would think of a self-portrait of your hand! Berni & I think that Blake looks just like you and Maddy looks just like Guy...funny, huh?

InWeighOverMyHead January 2, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

You self portraits are very cool. I LOVE the babies smiling together. There is nothing better! lol

MDtripmom January 2, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

The babes are adorable, as usual! Thanks also for the info on freecycle. I found the local one here and signed up!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography January 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

wow, i love (and i mean LOVE) the self portraits! and the pics of the little ones too :)

Ellingsworth Family Blog January 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

I love the pictures! Blake with the tree is too cute, and then back to the bag! I love your comments to the pictures! I can just hear you saying them as I read them! I miss you guys sooooo much!!

The Big Sister January 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

Okay so I know I am TOTALLY late seeing these pictures- but I just wanted to say I can't even tell you how much I love this one with your hand in your pocket- what a great picture...seriously!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP