Sunday, April 5, 2009

New carseat suggestions by the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics)

My awesome friend, Molly, who introduced me to the wonderful world of BumGenius cloth diapering also advised me to keep my children rear facing in their car seats until at least 18 months for safety. No the AAP has come out with a recommendation to keep your children rear facing until age 2. Here is a link to the short article: http://aapnews.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/30/4/12-a. For us this decision is very inconvenient. Guy is 6' 5". This means even in our SUV's he has to have the seat all the way back and have it reclined a bit to fit him. He has not been able to go all the way back since the car seats were installed. Our babies are rather tall too so we do have to consider the neck development over what an impact would do to their legs. I think we could live with a broken leg much easier then a broken neck.

Here are some shots from my farmers market trip with our food coop last week. It was a great experience I am excited to do again. We are enjoying the wonderful food too! The babies just polished off the first two ginormous zucchini's we got.
Babies 11 months 1360

Babies 11 months 1362

Manon sleeping in her mama's (Kim) arms.
Babies 11 months 1366

Babies 11 months 1354

Jennifer right before we left.
Babies 11 months 1361


Here is some fruit I cut up for eating on Saturday. Yum! Blake is a grape fiend! He screams if there isn't another bite for him immediately upon finishing one. He can get demanding for another bite of other things, but it isn't nearly so strong as for grapes.
Babies 11 months 1394

We went to a softball game for the team I am joining. Hopefully I can find a friend who wants to come hang out and watch babies while I play or trade playing when Guy is working.
Babies 11 months 1385

Nicky is so sweet. She is great with the babies and wanted to hold and feed them fruit the whole time we were at the game.
Babies 11 months 1390

When Nicky wasn't holding or feeding Blake he was standing on the bottom seat of the bleachers holding onto my leg or in my lap.
Babies 11 months 1391

Kendall was also very into the babies when she wasn't wrapped tightly in a blanket on her Mimi's lap.
Babies 11 months 1382

Nicky took Madison down the slide for her second attempt at it this week. She wasn't too impressed again, but she didn't cry either. I'll post pictures from our park excursion last week tomorrow. They are too cute!
Babies 11 months 1377

1 comments:

Tabitha Blue April 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Aww such sweet photos!!! Great job! I just love fresh fruits and veggies from our farmers market. The whole family enjoys it when we make it out there! That fruit plate looks delish!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP