Friday, April 11, 2008

Latest OB apt and the end



Here are a couple of photos of Corri. She has lost 30 pounds in the last three months with the help of a doctor by changing her diet and exercising. The first photo was taken at the Baby shower in Phoenix in January (I'll have to do that from home tonight) and the second one she took yesterday. You go girl!!! Ngaire has also lost some weight on her own by changing her diet and exercising. I don't have any recent photos of her though.

Generally I am woken up during the night between 3-5 times to use the rest room. The way I am woken up is by somewhat painful contractions. Last night I had one that was a bit more painful then most. I was laying on my side and when I put my hand on my belly I was able to feel a head down really low and followed the body all the way up the legs in my ribs! It was so crazy. The baby outline was really defined and strait up and down the belly. I'm sure it was the boy as he's been in most of that spot for a while now.

The latest OB appointment was a couple days ago. She wrote me off of work with my last day as today. The babies looked good on the u/s and she checked my cervix. It is still completely closed. She said they probably will not come for a couple of weeks. On Monday we have a growth u/s and meet the new OB at the practice afterwards. I'm really curious to see how big the babies will be estimated at. My stomach has expanded a lot this last couple of weeks so they should be growing well and not growth restricted. If they grow only the normal amount they should be estimated between 6 1/2 and 7 pounds each at 1 day shy of 36 weeks. That is pretty big. If they are both right at 7 pounds I'm going to ask them to set up an earlier then 38 week induction. Two 8 pounders in one belly just seems a bit crazy and excessive to me! My goal from the beginning was to have 7 pound twins which people including a few OB's at my practice thought was crazy. Now it looks like we'll be getting at least that! At least we didn't get too many newborn diapers so there should be just enough for about a week.

I'm not sure how I feel about today being my last day at work. It is very surreal.

1 comments:

Jake and Ashlee April 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Shannon: How did your friend loss so much weight?

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP