Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bad news

About a two weeks ago I was reading the news when I came across an article about genetic research including stem cell research. There was also a special on TV about genetic research being done with stem cells. There was a man who's heart was injected with stem cells in the hopes his heart would generate the fix to his heart. It worked. This made me think of Michael J. Fox. Then a couple days later I came across a Biography channel Biography episode on Michael J. Fox. They mentioned his work and tireless fundraising for his foundation and stem cell research. I thought to myself what someone or families would do if they don't believe in stem cell research, but have an opportunity to benefit by a cure or treatment. I was not and am not sure what I believe about stem cell research. Tonight we received a call from Guy's parents letting us know his dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's. We are very sad and praying for the best for his dad and everyone in the family. I guess the next step is finding out more about Parkinson's and finding out what the treatment protocol for his dad.

3 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography December 2, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

i am so sorry that you received this news, i will be keeping you and your family, especially's guy's dad, in my prayers.

InWeighOverMyHead December 2, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Ski Trip December 3, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

Sorry to hear the news. My Uncle has had parkinson's for years and years. He does really well with it as long as he takes his medication. The pictures of the babies are so so beautiful. I can't believe how much they have grown. I still think Madison looks just like Guy and Blake looks just like you. What Beautiful Babies!!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP