Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Drama was on today's agenda

LI Blog Jul1610-1165

Maddy sticking her belly through the water.
LI Blog Jul1610-1183

Blake trying to convince himself to jump or step over.
LI Blog Jul1610-1185

Today was about drama.  My levels were super mild yet dangerous drama.  Hmmmm, not sure if that comment made sense.  Each time the drama happened I was strangely calm about it.  There was no elevated heart rate or panic.

Well, I did move fast through the water to get to Blake who had snuck past me to try and drown himself.  We put his floaties on Manon to see how she would do, and as I was helping get them on her he walked out to the deeper part to get to the older boys.  He really wants to be with the older boys any time there are any around.  He's going to be our kid in a hurry to grow up.  Thankfully, Kim happened to look over to where Blake was to alert me to him going under.  He did a fantastic job of kicking to the surface and holding his breath.  We definitely did a bit of cuddling in the pool then again when we got home.

LI Blog Jul1610-1158

The second bout of drama happened when the kids got into the laundry room to play with the brooms & sweepers.  Somehow they managed to knock the Windex off the washer.  Madison loves to drink anything from any spray bottle.  It doesn't matter what it is.  It can be soap, perfume, make-up, water or anything else.  It's always an adventure keeping up with her.  This time it wasn't Madison, but somehow they shot Blake in the eye with Windex.  It was a little red, and I used some eye drops on it a few times.

LI Blog Jul1610-1181

Later we were talking to my dad when I mentioned Blake got some Windex in his eye.  He thought he remembered from his shop days that Windex gets worse over time.  Sure enough, he looked it up and let me know it needs a full 30 minute flush.  I was soooo not happy to hear that.

LI Blog Jul1610-1157

First we tried the sink.  After some serious full body freak out from Blake getting us both pretty wet I decided to move us to the shower.  We stripped down, got in and started the wild thrashing coupled with blood curdling screams.   I'm pretty sure he was reliving his early episode almost drowning the entire time! It was so sad and 30 minutes goes by super duper slow when your child is having so much drama.

LI Blog Jul1610-1152

Other then those bits of time we have really had a great day.  I'm realizing more and more how not so clear my kids talk since no one but me seems to understand what they say.  I feel a bit like a parrot telling everyone what they are saying all the time.  They seem so clear to me.  Darn those mommy goggles!   I mean hearing aids!


All the images on here are from the other day out front.  I pulled out the camera to take a couple shots and ended up taking 90.  Maybe that really qualifies as a few for me.  Guy doesn't like the no shirts {especially for Madison}, but I was being lazy not wanting to put their bathing suits on.
LI Blog Jul1610-1106

a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lifelongimpressions/4800258091/" title="LI Blog Jul1610-1108 by Lifelong Impressions {was Pics1vball}, on Flickr">LI Blog Jul1610-1108

LI Blog Jul1610-1110

LI Blog Jul1610-1112

LI Blog Jul1610-1116

LI Blog Jul1610-1117

LI Blog Jul1610-1119

LI Blog Jul1610-1124

Blake is smelling Madison's knee to see if it is stinky.
LI Blog Jul1610-1142

Not stinky, but it sure was funny.  Hope you have a great drama free day!
LI Blog Jul1610-1144

4 comments:

Ariana Sullivan July 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

My gosh, Shannon, they are the cutest kids I've ever seen!! I love every single one of these pictures. I see why you took 90 instead of just a couple
:-)

quadmom July 22, 2010 at 7:05 AM  

I agree with Ariana, I would take 90 pictures, too. How could you resist? =) Sounds like you were super calm and handled both drama incidents like a pro ... I probably would have been flipping out. I can't imagine how you managed to pin him down to flush out his eye for 30 minutes!! Impressive!

Love the pics, especially the ones where they are tentatively testing out the sprinkler ("ok, how 'bout just my belly?" and "hmm, should I step over this?").

Hilary & Bryant July 22, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

I love the one of them kissing! I am going to be following your blog.

Amanda July 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Those are some sweet pics. and kids too. sorry about the drama. i'm sure it was very unpleasant. i can't believe you actually did it for 30 minutes. good job.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP