Saturday, July 3, 2010

Funny kiddo stuff & a Question

Us Jul10_1017

I skipped a couple days in my quest to write in the blog every day.  The big issue came when I had to buy the new Lightroom since the beta version expires today.  It took a couple days to update the new catalogue and do some much needed image back up for both personal and business images.  

{I think Madison looks like Kim Catrell here}
Us Jul10_1019

We went shopping days ago for groceries.  I grabbed a frozen pizza for the kids & I. When Guy came back from grabbing a missed item we started discussing how much he was not a fan of frozen pizza {who is?}.  I ended up putting the pizza back after deciding he would pick up a pizza on his way home from work sometime this week.  We never discussed it again.  Yesterday the kids ran out to meet Guy when he drove into the driveway.  Blake said hi and then started looking past Guy into the car.  He holds his palms up and hands out saying, "Pizza?"  What an amazing memory!  Guy didn't disappoint him again by showing up tonight with a yummy pizza!  They both ate a ton.  He ate 2 1/2 pieces.

Us Jul10_1020

This morning I gave the kids a choice in what they would wear.  After putting all of Madison's shorts out on the floor she immediately picked out a light pink plaid pair.  As I was scooping them up to put them back in the drawer she changed her mind very insistently saying she wanted the purple pair.   For Blake I pulled out two pairs.  There was a cool pair of funky stone colored cargos and a plain camouflage pair.  He definitely wanted to were the camo shorts.  It's so funny and amazing to me watching their preferences develop.

{Doesn't she look so cute?}
Us Jul10_1021

All that above text was written Thursday for the second time.  It all got lost when I moved my computer into the kitchen for a design consultation.  Once again I got distracted overall by work and doing some revised editing on the kids two year shoot.

We've decided to replace the large image hanging in our living room taken on the Great Ocean Road in Australia with something bright & bold of the kids.  My issue is if we should do a storyboard, only one kid or one shot with both kids.  It's just that I'm not in Love Love Love with any shot of the two of them together, though I like plenty of them.  I don't think it would really matter if only one kid was featured.  Do you want to weigh in with any thoughts?

{Weird camera tilt, awesome eyes}
Us Jul10_1025

Tonight Guy mentioned it was about time for bed.  Blake did his typical sentence structure reply, "No.  Night night Blakie, No!"  Sometimes he doesn't begin with a no which can get pretty confusing since we think he is making a positive statement until we hear the no at the end.  Anyway, the next thing he says made us laugh.  "I want to go to a hotel.  No, night night Blakie, no."  Does this mean we travel too much?  :-)

Sandy brought her sweet newborn 4th child over for a newborn session.  The kids were so excited to spend a few minutes with her after our session.  She was so gracious to allow my two year olds to hold her especially on a porch floor, and she smartly kept a hand on her the entire time.
Us Jul10_1001

Maddie did a surprising job of holding her for a while.  Blake is checking them out here.
Us Jul10_1002

She's so excited, and little Saleah slept through all the jostling.
Us Jul10_1003

Blake asked me to take his picture specifically.  Love it!  He doesn't ask me very often.
Us Jul10_1005

The light is so pretty on my screened porch between the house & garage.
Us Jul10_1006

A good example of why mom kept her hand on Saleah.
Us Jul10_1009

So sweet
Us Jul10_1007

Blake really wanted to hold her...
Us Jul10_1010

But was happily done two seconds later letting go right after this image snapped.
Us Jul10_1011

Last week I found a cool Fan page on Facebook called the Inner Hooker.  She sells patterns for a lot of things us photographers like to use as props.  She put a call out for testers and my fingers flew to type in a quick 'Pick Me.'
Us Jul10_1015

I think I made it a bit loose and I thought I had the right yarn on hand then didn't.
Us Jul10_1013

I must say it was the first pattern I've ever followed!  Yeah, as much stuff as I make it is all just thrown together.

This color looks absolutely stunning with Madison's eye color!
Us Jul10_1012

0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP