Saturday, February 13, 2010

Updating

Life is going very well here at the White House.

The photos in this post are from a day back in December when Blake {assisted by Madison}opened and tried to empty out almost all of the baby wash & lotion we had.  He also broke a light bulb that was hidden in the back of the cabinet.   Luckily the sink is shaped in a way the bottles only lost a little bit since all were in there pointed up.  of the 12-18 bottles he only managed to completely empty 2.
Us Dec09_2171.jpg

Us Dec09_2169.jpg
We are still potty training.  Hey, they are young so I wasn't expecting perfection, even though that would have been nice.  Madison ran a fever last night and this morning.  We think it might have been brought on by constipation.  Yes, really.  She didn't go for almost two days because we stopped letting them wear diapers at nap time.  We were also very vigilant about getting her on the potty often not giving her a chance to poop in her undies.  She got us today though by sneaking off to drop a bomb in her undies.  She definitely does not let us know when she has the urge to go & says no whenever we ask her if she needs to.  I'm getting really good at knowing when she does so she has only had once accident in the last two days.  Blake did great going poop in the potty twice in the last three days.  He has started to have a few accidents as the newness of going in the potty has worn off.  He gets to playing and goes without thinking.  
Us Dec09_2176.jpg
I've had about one session per week since the beginning of the year which is quite impressive in this slow season.  I'm hoping that translates to being fully booked once spring hits for real.  There are actually a couple of weeks already booked out in the spring.  My senior reps are almost all lined up, and they are all great kids {almost adults}.  If you know any great kids about to be high school seniors not attending West Johnston please let me know.  I'm still looking for a few more in the next week or so for the sessions on February 27th.  
Us Dec09_2173.jpg

Us Dec09_2177.jpg
Poor Madison is having a hard time sleeping tonight with her waking up every 20 minutes the last hour and a half {hence why I am not in bed}.  Speaking of not sleeping, Blake still gets muscle cramps at night waking himself and Guy or I up for 10-70 minutes 2 or more nights a week.  Guy says he remembers getting leg cramps often as a kid.  Poor little dude.  
Us Dec09_2187.jpg

Us Dec09_2189.jpg

We did a major switcharoo in our house.  I'm loving it!  When we got married we talked about never having a TV in our bedroom.  Upon moving into our small home we had two large TV's and only one living/family room.  We put the TV in our room that turned out to be a life saver after the twins were born. It pooped out on us after a few months and now lives happily in the garage.  However, I never used our fantastic elliptical machine with no mindless TV to keep my mind of the minutes ticking slowly by.  We discussed putting it in the living room before always agreeing it would look ugly.  Guy mentioned the other day it really would be convenient to have it in the living room.  So yesterday I started with the kids room.

Us Dec09_2190.jpg

I moved their beds, the dresser and the bookshelf to different spots.  The recliner went in front of the window & the love-seat went into the kitchen temporarily.  Guy woke up in time to help me move the living room love-seat into the kids room, the elliptical into the living room, the love-seat from the kids room into our room & some miscellaneous things around as well.  We then decided the recliner would fit in the living room for more seating.  I love it!!!  The toys are now out of the living room & the kids room looks like a kids room instead of a baby room.  We had to do the love-seat switcharoo the way we did to get the matching couches into our room.

Us Dec09_2185.jpg

Us Dec09_2182.jpg

Us Dec09_2183.jpg
Both of the kids are now regularly speaking in short sentences.  They can both say their ABC's and count from 1-10 by themselves though never in front of an audience.  I guess they will not be performers.    They can hop and jump, follow simple directions, clean up without being asked, put their dirty clothes in the laundry, use an adult fork with some proficiency and operate the fridge water dispenser :-(.  They have a basic understanding about most topics I discuss with them.  They love showers & brushing their teeth.  Madison has a love hate relationship with hair ties, bows, bands & ribbons.  They love to assign ownership of every item they see, i.e. Daddy's, Bake's, Madiii's & Mommy's.  Every time Madison sees the phone she wants to call Nana {she says the same, Nana, for all the grandmas but knows each well}.  Madison is officially a 3T girl though we still cram her in some 2T's until winter is over.  Blake happily catches up to her in height for about one day before she grows again keeping more often then not a 1/2 inch of height on him.  His legs are a bit shorter letting him still fit into his 2T pants.  His shirts are definitely a 3T though.   

Us Dec09_2181.jpg

Us Dec09_2180.jpg

He looks so remorseful, doesn't he?

Us Dec09_2174.jpg

3 comments:

MDtripmom February 13, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

I've been way behind on my blog reading as usual. When did your babies grow up? Seriously, they are such big kids now! I'm impressed with all that they are doing, even the naughty stuff. Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough with my kids. I need to commit to doing better, in my free time of course!

quadmom February 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Hi Shannon! I have been meaning to drop by your blog ever since you left a comment on mine about with stroller and high chair advice for moms of multiples! I just wanted to say thanks so much for the info. You already convinced me to switch strollers (I had been thinking of a quad stroller). What you said makes a lot of sense since I doubt I'd actually take 4 babies out at once by myself. Also, I registered for the space-saver chairs! That's huge because not only does it save space, but they're also way cheaper than buying 4 full-size high chairs!

I took a moment to browse through your photography site. Really awesome photos ... I wish I could take ones that great. I have family in Raleigh, and enjoy visiting.

Best of luck with the continued potty training. Thanks again for your advice! If you think of anything else, I'd love to hear it!!

InWeighOverMyHead February 23, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

They are so big now. Little peolpe!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP