Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wow, two weeks with no post

Babies 11 months 1033

Why does a picture like this appeal to me when I am an optimistic person? Well, for the most part I am optimistic. I absolutely love to take photos of old broken down things & little pieces of things. This house is on our way into Garner and the broken toy has been out there for a long while now. It has been begging me to take a photo for a long time now. The other day I almost passed it by because there were cold groceries in the car. But I made myself take the time to do it even getting my pants all muddy practically laying on the ground to get this shot. Guess what? The very next time I drove by the toy was gone! YAY for making myself stop!

Here are some highlights from the last few weeks.

The kids are growing all the time.
We saw all kinds of signs and wonders of Spring.
Babies 11 months 1170

Blake has figured out how to put things back together.
Madison got her first bloody nose which didn't bother her at all.
Babies 11 months 1007

Madison drinks out of a sippy cup very well. There is definitely something to be said for waiting until a child is really ready to teach them something. Hopefully I have that patience with changing diapers and don't push them to be potty trained to early.
Blake is soooooo close to walking.
Babies 11 months 1074

Madison says a few words very well including Bye. She just popped out with that one when Guy went to work the other night.
Guy took the babies with him one at a time to mow the lawn.
Babies 11 months 1236

They both love showers and baths.
I met with some ladies at church for a night of food, conversation and exchanging recipes.
Babies 11 months 1038
Babies 11 months 1042

Blake got his second haircut.
Our living room and kitchen/dining rooms were painted.
We talked to several people on the phone like Nanny here.
Babies 11 months 1081

We found some great deals at some local consignment sales and our favorite consignment - Buttons & Bows.
I went to a vendor fair at he shopping center Buttons & Bows is located.
Christine the owner
Babies 11 months 1188
The cutest tie shirts
Babies 11 months 1193
I don't know but they are so cute
Babies 11 months 1187
Love love this lamp shade
Babies 11 months 1195
Guy and I both love the pink dress (the second item in)
Babies 11 months 1194
Lily is mama's helper in the store most days.
Babies 11 months 1198

Guy finally filed our taxes - one of his off duty gigs STILL hasn't gotten us the 1099 we need.
We've had a terrible week or so of sleeping. Maddy got a fever one night and couldn't sleep. Blake has had some issues. Blake got the stomach flu a few days. Madison followed with the stomach flu too.
Babies 11 months 1199

We met new baby Rylee who belongs to our friends Melissa and Paul
Babies 11 months 1020
Babies 11 months 1027
We played lots in the babies room and the living room while enjoying the freedom less clothing brings.
Babies 11 months 1091
Babies 11 months 1094
Babies 11 months 1105
Babies 11 months 1125
Playing with my camera flash
Babies 11 months 1139
Babies 11 months 1145
Babies 11 months 1164

I organized all of our filing for the first time in 5 years. It was well past due.
I organized the moving of all the Spring/Summer clothes into their room, packed away most of the winter clothes (such as the ones fitting like plastic wrap), and put the Fall/Winter clothes coming up into the spare room closet (this helps me see what is left to be purchased).
One tip I learned a long time ago is to put a sleeve label onto the storage containers so a paper can be inserted then changed depending on the contents. It works great. I used the plastic name holders here (you have to use big time strong glue on the slippery smooth plastic).
Babies 11 months 1084

There is much more, but I'm impressed if you actually made it to the end of this post!!! Thanks and I love ya!!

7 comments:

LauraC March 31, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

I found your blog through a comment left on HDYDI (I write there) and have been lurking for a couple of weeks... anyway had to de-lurk as I recognized some of those blossoms and realized we are in the same area. I live in Cary. Small world!

I'll have to check out that consignment shop next time I am close to Garner!

(lovely photos and beautiful kids...)

The Big Sister March 31, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

I MADE IT!- Okay so I didn't read everything...but I did look at all the cute pictures! I love the b&W broken toy picture-- so awesome- of course!

Tawni March 31, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

WOW they are getting so big! They are adorable. I cant believe they are almost 1 yr old! Crazy how much time has flown.

InWeighOverMyHead March 31, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

I made it through the post and it was a great one! :)

MDtripmom March 31, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Well no wonder you haven't blogged in 2 weeks, you've been a busy lady! Those twins are just precious!

mary plus vince March 31, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

i LOVE that first picture of that house! it's gorgeous -- i love broken down things too :D

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography March 31, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

welcome back, i missed you. it sounds like you got lots accomplished though! and tons of incredible pictures. oh + ps - you won the cd :)

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP