Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My son... What a stinker

At our church we are often asked to serve in what we call a Calling. There are no paid positions so every person who does anything has been asked to volunteer. Whenever a position is in need of someone the Bishop and his counselors will decide who they feel will best fit the position which is confirmed by prayer. One of them will then ask a person to serve in a specific way, and the person will accept or deny the request. Once they have accepted the 'call' they are announced in our Sacrament meeting. Part of this announcement includes the person standing while they ask for the members support of the person in the calling by raising their hands. They also ask if there is anyone opposed. After this is taken care of the person is then able to serve in the capacity they were called such as a teacher, organizational leader, missionary, & many other positions.

I was asked to teach in our Primary program. Primary is for kids 18 months to 11 years. I've often been asked to teach the kids and absolutely love it. I usually get the 18 month to 4 year old crowd. This time I think I'll get the 6ish kids, but I'm waiting to hear from our Primary President {we're on day 3 of phone tag}.

On Sunday my name was called along with two other people who had recently been asked and accepted serving in a calling. He asked for the members to support us in our callings. Then he asked if anyone was opposed. Blake raised his hand up as high as it would go! ha ha

Us Jul09 1651

I guess he wants me to be around in case he just doesn't feel like going to his Primary class! He also heard everyone say Amen after a prayer and started saying Amen a few times extra loud. Cute little copy cat.

In a Madison note. She has been a big like a record stuck on one line with her ABC's song. We asked her to please sing a different song. After a minute or so we heard her in the back seat singing Ba Ba Black Sheep. Love it!

Both kids can now jump with their feed actually leaving the floor.

It's only about a week away until we are back on the fertility train. People keep asking my if we don't want to have any more kids because I sound so glum when mentioning us doing it or it is almost here. Well, dang it, it's a stinky emotional roller coaster of hormonal yuk! There is nothing to look forward to even with my mostly optimistic life outlook. The first emotional hurdle is timing ordering the meds. I want to do it in January so it uses my deductible up with the new insurance period just in case we decide to try again should it fail as the prescription deductible is $200. A good chunk of savings should we need to use it. The problem with this is the 1st is a holiday and the 2-3rd are the weekend. This means the first day I can order is on the 4th for delivery on the 5th. My cycle could start as early as Monday meaning I'll be totally stressing with my shots supposed to start on Tuesday or Wednesday! It's not like you can delay taking the shots either. You have to start at the right time on the right day of your cycle for it to work right. Waiting another month would only add to this emotional antipathy of the moment which I'd really like the time between now and our pregnancy test to zooom zoooom zooom by. Mostly I keep talking to myself about staying upbeat & letting the chips fall where they may.

Oh, and I'm getting my new logo tomorrow! It will take me a little bit to incorporate it into all of our forms, marketing materials, the website, blog & new vinyl for the cars. Once it is all ready to roll out you will know with my plastering it all over EVERYTHING. I've also really had a brain wave of what photography means to me and how it applies to the busiess not only for myself but for all clients. It's like turning on the switch of expressing what this is really all about and defining the business. My promo shots are also super cool. One of them is my current Facebook picture. If you aren't my friend or an S & G Photography fan click on Friend & S & G Photography to become one.

1 comments:

MDtripmom December 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Your kids are such characters and they seem so advanced for their age! Have fun with the Primary calling, even if not all of your family members are supporting you. :) I also hope all works out with your upcoming fertility treatment!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP